Are you seeking ways to lower your cart abandonment rate? You can try many things to make sure that people finish their purchase. That includes simplifying your checkout process, thereby preventing your site from reloading each time a person adds any product to their cart.
As per studies, optimizing your site’s checkout process can boost your conversion rates by nearly 35 percent. While WooCommerce sure is an incredible platform for developing an eCommerce store, there’s always space for improvements. You can optimize the usual WooCommerce cart/checkout webpage for quick and high conversions.
Let’s dive into some solutions out there to help you edit WooCommerce checkout page.
- 1. WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor and Manager
- 2. YITH WooCommerce Checkout Manager
- 3. ProductX
- 4. Checkout Field Editor – Custom Fields WooCommerce Checkout Page By Jcodex
- 5. Direct Checkout for WooCommerce
- 6. MoreConvert WooCommerce Save Cart for Later
- 7. WooCommerce Donation or Tip on Cart and Checkout
- 8. Flux Checkout for WooCommerce
- 9. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
1. WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor and Manager
WooCommerce sure is a powerful plugin, but it has limited options when we talk of a checkout page. That is where cart customizing plugins come to play. The WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor plugin lets you modify and update fields on your checkout page. The plugin includes an intuitive and beautiful interface.
You’ll have absolute control on the cart page, from adding, editing, and removing the fields to shifting the fields across the page. Besides, when you add a new field or modify a field, you get the option to select between various kinds of custom fields such as date pickers, text, and checkboxes. Overall, it is an incredible WooCommerce cart plugin to edit your checkout page.
2. YITH WooCommerce Checkout Manager
The YITH WooCommerce Checkout Manager plugin allows you to change each element a customer sees on the checkout page. That means you can remove, add, or modify fields to make the checkout page much easier to use.
The option to add new custom fields gives a lift to the entire checkout experience. A simple example is creating a text custom field asking the customers where they got to know about your company first. Besides, you can even change the style of the custom fields, including their size and colors.
Moreover, the layout option allows you to split your site’s checkout page into varied columns, making the page look more trustworthy and attractive.
The ProductX plugin lets you create custom checkout pages using the powerful WooCommerce builder. Although the plugin features a wide array of pre-made templates for the checkout page, you have ready store-building blocks to create them in your own way.
In terms of the features, you are getting:
- An easy-to-use plugin interface to create checkout pages
- 5+ custom blocks dedicated to creating tailored checkout pages
- 8+ custom checkout page templates available for quick deployment
- Import pre-made templates with just 1 click
- Easily usable with popular themes
The ProductX Checkout feature comes bundled with traits like the product query, filter, variation swatches, partial payments, currency switcher, and more. It has evolved into a WooCommerce builder rather than just a checkout plugin for WooCommerce.
4. Checkout Field Editor – Custom Fields WooCommerce Checkout Page By Jcodex
One of the best plugins that can help improve a user’s experience is Checkout Field Editor. This plugin is also a popular and great tool to increase business efficiency.
Make your checkout form more professional, and simpler, which only keeps the most necessary information to help increase the purchase rate. This also helps avoid the things that make customers feel impatient and may change their decision to buy your product.
With its features, Checkout Field Editor makes it easy to customize your checkout form with 24 checkout field types. You can replace the default forms, which require complex information about customers, by adding or editing custom sections in the billing, shipping, and additional fields as per your need.
Besides, you can select the conditions for each field to display the checkout page, orders page, and emails. They can based on the shopper’s cart details, user roles, product specifications, and field values. Even decide where these fields should be displayed, like in admin emails, customer emails, order display page, and the thank you page.
A unique feature of this plugin is that you can repeat the field and section based on the conditions that have been established before, such as product quantity and cart item count.
Overall, take all the interesting functions of this plugin to redesign the checkout page for the success of your WooCommerce store with a few clicks as well.
- 24 Custom Checkout Field Types.
- Create Additional Checkout Fields and Sections.
- Works best with WP Themes and Plugins.
- Multilingual Support.
- Alter Original Pricing Using Price Field.
- Display Fields & Sections Conditionally.
- Optimize Product Discount Description.
5. Direct Checkout for WooCommerce
The plugin skips the cart page, thereby shortening the entire checkout process. When customers click on the ‘Add to Cart’ option, they are redirected towards the checkout webpage. The Direct Checkout for WooCommerce plugin has a free and premium version.
The free version includes the ‘Ajax Add to Cart’ option that prevents your site from reloading when your customers add a product to their cart. Meanwhile, the premium version enables ‘One-Page’ checkout as well as a speedy purchase icon on the single product page.
6. MoreConvert WooCommerce Save Cart for Later
MoreConvert’s Save Cart for Later feature enhances the cart page with customizable options like button appearance and placement. It offers a clean and informative cart page by displaying the number of saved items and intelligently hiding the button when the cart is empty, ensuring a smooth customer experience.
This feature also provides control over user access, accommodating both guests and registered users. It includes a notification box for added information, and customers can easily manage saved items, including details like variations, quantities, and prices. They can move products back to the cart or delete them individually or all at once. Lastly, a confirmation message upon item removal enhances security, irrespective of the user’s browser or device.
MoreConvert plugin offers various options for its save-for-later list, including:
- The choice of users whether to save their cart: Invite users to store items for their next purchase by including eye-catching buttons close to the delete button.
- Types of customizable buttons: Pick the best style for the save for later buttons and how you want to show things on the cart page.
- Viewability restrictions: You can limit adding to the next cart to members only or define who is permitted to store for later.
- Save all product information: Quantity, variations, updated prices, and added dates are just a few of the product information that can be kept for later.
- Decisions based on data: Verify the users’ save-for-later lists, create a campaign depending on what they have saved, and boost your sales.
- Reduce Abandoned Cart in Several Positions: Use Save for Later‘s adjustable positions to their full potential. You can raise the possibility of a sale by placing next to the product title, affixed to the delete button, or displayed as a pop-up.
MoreConvert is the ideal choice for marketing efforts because it integrates various lists (wishlist, waitlist, and analytics). Reduce friction and customize the WooCommerce cart experience with MoreConvert save cart for later. Make it simple for customers to bookmark items for later, so you can increase your sales!
7. WooCommerce Donation or Tip on Cart and Checkout
The WooCommerce Donation or Tip on Cart and Checkout plugin lets you add one donation button on your checkout page, thus encouraging the customers to donate towards a cause. Based on your respective industry, this feature can have an immense impact.
The plugin features display different options, such as predefined or fixed donation, pay as you like donations, etc. The other options you can use include changing your donation field’s position, making donations taxable, using shortcodes to make the donation box, and more.
8. Flux Checkout for WooCommerce
The plugin improves the usual checkout flow for WooCommerce by including multiple checkout steps optimized for higher conversions.
The usual WooCommerce checkout page could be quite overwhelming and may result in cart abandonment. However, the Flux Checkout for WooCommerce plugin enables you to handle this issue via a multi-stage checkout process, helping with quicker checkouts.
Flux includes a custom thank you page as shown in the screenshot above. This somewhat looks like Shopify standard checkout page. And you can add any additional content here to guide your customers through their next steps.
9. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
The plugin allows you to merge the cart and checkout page into one page or develop custom checkout and landing pages for your products through shortcodes. The WooCommerce One Page Checkout plugin is an ideal choice if you are looking for a simple, fast checkout replacement.
The checkout page layout is quite simple. The cart contents are displayed at the screen’s top, where the customers can remove items or edit the quantity. Below that, you will find the Address Field, Payment Options, and the Purchase Icon.
With many WooCommerce checkout page plugins available, it is possible for you to try them out one by one to see what works best for your ecommerce store and bring a higher conversion rate. Most individuals will opt for the cheapest options, such as freemium or fully free plugins. However, if done correctly, a premium WooCommerce plugin can add immense value in this aspect.
I hope you can find one to get started. And don’t forget to check out other WooCommerce tutorial articles.
Bhavik Soni is a Creative Writer at AutoMonkey. They provide an original analysis of the latest happenings in the social media industry. Connect with Latest Social Media Trends and News plus tips on Twitter, Facebook, and other social tools on the web.